Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Half Marathon Training

So I am currently training for the Half Marathon that is taking place in June in Seattle Washington.
I signed up with my Fitness Ridge roomie Eve. She is an experienced runner and this will be my first run over 10km...and I'm a bit nervous.

So a half marathon is a bit of an insane task I'm thinking.  But...the training has kept me on task for fitness.

I have not regained the weight that I lost at Fitness Ridge but neither have I dropped any more.

My eating habits are simply atrocious! Not so my exercise...that is the main thing that keeps me going.

For my half marathon I am running (well--trotting really--no long stretched out run for this girl--not yet anyways) three days per week and trying to cross train three days per week.  The only thing that keeps me going is the commitment to the race and knowing that if I don't train that I'll be in real trouble.
I don't want to totally embarass myself come race day and I can back out becuz I've commited to another person, paid my fee and booked a hotel!  Gotta do it now!!

I have run 10km distances before with my fastest time being just over one hour.
(I should also say that I don't necessarily "run" the whole distance but usually do 10 min jog then one minute walk).
Becuz it's been such a long time since I blogged about Fitness Ridge I thought I'd start blogging about my run.
I am returning to FR in October of this year for two weeks and with 50 pounds still to lose, I gotta get 'er in gear.
Will write more later.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to trotting with you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete