Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Was I hit by a truck...????

Today was day three of being at the Ranch and this morning I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. 
My muscles and joints are fine but the fatique today was overwhelming.  I had to dig really, really deep to give my best.
The Ranch trainers are truly awesome.  I had two of the hardest classes today...Kickboxing and Mountain.  The first is self explanatory.  At the end of that class I was literally dripping in sweat.
and "Mountain" means being on a cardio machine and increasing the resistance (Iwas on a bike) twelve times ...like your climbing a mountain....each level was held for three minutes with no decrease in speed...then the last level had to be held for five mins. Wow....my legs were rubber and the trainers walked and motivated everyone to dig deep and don't quit. Just don't quit!!!
After each dinner for the first week you have a lecture....so you work out for seven hours and then have these lectures....right now I can barely hold my eyes open. So I shall say goodnite and I'll be back tomorrow!
Here's the pic of todays menu. I kept forgetting to take my camera to the dining room....

here are some pix of the hike. This was Third Ravine hike.  It has a cave at the end and is truly spectatular.









Food today: the french toast was awful! I sent it back and requested plain toast...much better. 
The beet soup was great and was the salad we had for dinner.  They certainly don't let you starve!!
So...a big pat on the back for me!! I did it!! Bring on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Auntie! Just got all caught up on your entries for this week -- sounds like you're having an amazing time. And I must say, I never thought I'd see you hanging off of a rock like that, Tom-Cruise-Style! Too cool! I'm so proud of you for taking on this physical and emotional challenge, way to go! I'll be hitting the gym today, thanks to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Tacia. You go girl!! This journey is truly amazing. Wahhhooooo!!

    ReplyDelete