Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The last Saturday....

On Saturdays you only have to do a hike and a cardio class. The day ends around noon and then you're free to do whatever you want.
The hikes are limited on Saturdays becuz a lot of guests leave on Sat morning. I chose to do the West Canyon hike which is fairly flat and more of a walk than hike.  This was the second time doing this hike and I still didn't reach the end which is about four miles in.
The hike starts and at 0930, no matter where you are, you have to turn around...so on that day I think the total distance that I did was about 6.5 miles!  It is my goal to reach the end of this hike the next time I visit Fitness Ridge...even if I have to run the dang thing. 
This is me and Eve (my roommate)...this was at the 0930 mark...had to turn around!

This is West Canyon. Very pretty.

So the other thing that happens on Saturdays is Graduation.  This is for all the guests who are leaving and for those staying. Throughout the week there is a camera man filming all the guests in the classes, in the pool or on the hikes.  This is then combined with a bunch of still photos to produce a dvd that all the guests get to keep.  We get to watch the dvd on Saturday nite and it is really enjoyable to see everyone working out, clowning around or just hangin'.  So Saturday nite, dinner is served and then a microphone is passed around to each guest to stand and say what they learned or what made the most impact for the week. For many this can be an emotional moment and tears are often shed.  For some it is a good bye and others it is just the beginning of the next week. After all the blubbering and the dvd then there is some activity planned for all guests to participate in if they chose to. Last week was Karaoke and this week was bowling. 

Here is a pic. On the right is Kristie.  She is a special person with a smile so big that it lights up a room.  I will be seeing Krisitie again in Oct 2011! She went home with a 20 pound weight loss after three weeks.  In the middle of course --is me! and then Karin from Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. She still has one more week to go.

This is Brendi.  She got a boo-boo on a hike.  She fell face first on the Camel Back hike...this is a few days later but she did sport a pretty good bruise for a while!

Ahhhh....pretty Christmas tree at Fitness Ridge.

This is the lobby....we're all waiting for the van drivers to get their act together and take us bowling.

Alrighty then!!!  Here is Ginny.  She was soooo excited to go bowling as she hasn't done it in over three years. 

Kridtie and Karin.

My Long Island Joanne.

Everyone had a really good time.

I just gotta say that the bowling balls for ten pin bowling are really, really heavy.  This is the first time that I've ever 10 pin bowled...it was so funny becuz people had to show me how to hold the balls....You really do have to get your fingers into the right holes!! We all bowled two games and ended around 9:30 pm!! Wow...that's the latest I stayed out while in Utah. Normally you're in bed and half asleep by that time! 
Another first for me and one I won't soon forget!!
Too much fun:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment