Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Glide is my friend....

Phew...made it thru my second Monday.
Woke up at 0530 this morning only to find it pouring rain! Couldn't believe it.  We ended up doing a trail hike for safety reasons. Was still a good workout.
Tomorrow the regular schedule for hikes will resume.

So...if you're thinking of coming here I just need to talk to you about shoes. 
We work out seven hours a day...two and half of that is hiking.  The last thing you need is blisters or sore feet.
Make sure before you come that you break your shoes in...don't come here thinking that you'll break them in here...BIG mistake! 
Also...invest in a proper pair of shoes from a sports shop. Don't depend on cheap department store shoes. You really want to make sure you have a good fit and the proper shoe for your gait.

I brought two pairs of shoes...well three if you count flip flops for going to the pool...but my main shoes...I have one pair specifically for hiking and one for the gym.  It's always good to have an extra pair in case one gets wet or whatever.

Also get yourself some glide.  This is an anti-chaffing and anti-blister product that you can buy at sport shops.  I love it!!  I plaster my bare feet with Glide and then put my socks on...perfect.  Glide also comes in handy if your undies rub the top of your leg when you walk. Sometimes theres a seam or elastic that rubs but if you plaster the Glide on it will be much better and let you concentrate on your workout as opposed to the rubbing of clothes.

This place is really something and the people that I've met to this point have been truly inspiring.
A lot of people left on Sunday and a new group came in.  Interesting assortment. Many are fit...my new roommate just finished the Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon but is here to work on nutrition and weight control.  Then there are some older folks who certainly had their eyes opened this morning after some of their workouts.  This place has a rule in which no one is to judge another.  Last week for example we had a woman who has battled an eating disorder for many years....she needed to learn about nutrition and proper exercise to gain muscle mass; We also have people who have excessive amounts of weight to lose....one that I've gotten to know a little bit is such a sweetheart and today for the first time in her adult life she walked four miles (this is her second of four weeks here) ...she weeps tears of disbelief and joy every single day becuz she can't believe that she is actually doing this.

Amazing program and amazing poeple.
Here is what a thing of Glide looks like....
Talk later.

No comments:

Post a Comment