Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Some sort of stomach thing....

My massage definately helped my leg and I was feeling pretty good thru Wednesday and then ...Thursday morning came!
I got up just feeling like crap!  I went for breakfast and ordered toast and eggs....the smell almost made me throw up. I ate a piece of dry toast and drank some water...I couldn't stomach anything else. 
One of the guests told me that I was green around the eyes and I believe it becuz I sure felt green.  I decided in all of my wisdom, that I would go on the hike and just tough it out.
(I guess I didn't want to make any excuses and really didn't want to miss out on anything.  You see, at each class or hike, attendance is taken and if you don't show for your assigned workout or hike the staff will track you down...it's to make you accountable but also to make sure that you're ok.  They don't want people missing workouts just becuz they don't feel like going.  They will talk to you about what's going on and not let you just duck out for the sake of being lazy or  uninterested...so I guess with this particular hike and the way I was feeling--I didn't wanna cop out for a sore little tummy ache).
So...at 7:50am everyone meets in the dining room to get the hike assignments for the day and then off you go.
Well...I made it to the dining room...filled up my camelbak with fresh water and headed to the van.  I got in and one of the hiking guides looked at me very strangely and asked me if I was ok...I told him I wasn't feeling great but I'd be ok. It was then that I then realized I'd left my camelbak hanging on the back of a dining room chair, so I told the guide that I'd be right back and I ran in to retrieve it...
oh oh...
...that tiny little run almost left me heaving all over the place so I grabbed my bag and went and told the guide that I wasn't going to join them on the hike. 
The look of relief that swept over his face was unmistakable! 
I then went to my room and called the front desk to inform them of the way I was feeling and that I wouldn't be going on the hike.  They were very understanding and didn't push me to head to the gym or anything.
I laid down with my shoes on and fell asleep. The next time I woke up was when my roommate came back from her hike....about 2.5 hours later.
I ended up taking the rest of the day off and stayed in bed and rested.  One of the coaches recommended "Propel" which a drink filled with electolytes to replenish your system; I did drink it and then my roommate got me another which I also drank...I'm not sure if they made a difference or whether it was just rest that I needed but by dinner time I did feel better. 
My roommate Eve, came back at the end of the day and told me that there was a beautiful sunset.  We walked to the dining room together and enjoyed the delicious lightness of a Woldorf salad served on individual lettuce leafs...it was soooo good...crunchy, satisfying and filling.  Amazing...it will definately be a salad that I make at home!  Though I didn't have much of an appetite I ate the entire dinner and enjoyed it and of course still partook in the chocolate dipped strawberries that were on the menu for dessert. (I would've dragged myself to the dining room just for dessert...sooooooo good!!)
Overall, it was a nice way to end a rather sickly but restful day. It was soon after dinner that I headed to bed and slept like a baby!


The sunset at Fitness Ridge.





 Here is the Waldorf salad.  If you're coming to my house for dinner...don't be surprised if this is what you get.  Doesn't look like very much but believe it or not it was very satisfying.

This is Ginny!!  She is such a sweetheart and works so hard and all that she does. 
Well...on this particular night I think she made that chocolate covered strawberry last at least ten minutes.  She licked and savoured that lovely dark chocolate for as long as she possibly could!
This is just a candid shot of the dining room. There are three long tables where all the guests sit.  All meals are served to you and if you really don't like the menu choice then the servers always have alternative selections that you can have.  It makes it nice becuz you don't need to force yourself to eat something that you really, really don't like....brussel sprouts for example!

So that was Thursday!! What a Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment