Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This Ain't Yer Granny's Water Aerobics Class....Move!! Move!! Move!!

Phew....what a day.
Again started at 5:30 and just finishing up now at 7pm.
Wow...what a day.
After a beautiful stretch class first thing this morning I did a five mile hike. The pix are below but don't really do justice to the beauty of the area.
Breaky today was a smoothie....I asked for toast and egg....much better.
Lunch was an awesome squash soup and then a pita with turkey.  Awesome. Filling. Delish!
A "total toning" class ...almost did me in. Can you say squat? omg...then pulse! then upper body with weights then back to the lower body.  My legs were literally shaking!
Then the pool....the pool is a lot harder than I anticipated. Today was all in the deep end ....try water walking by doing opposite arm to leg and GO! across the deep end. Don't stop or your gonna sink. It's definately not easy. 
Then I had a "cardio interval"...wow what a work out. Forget about running on the treadmill for an hour, just get on and find a nice speed....warm up for five mins then begin 30 second intervals by either increasing your speed or incline every thirty seconds.....Do this seven times.  Then when at the top of that seventh...do one full minute...and then you begin the decline by 30 seconds intervals...rest 2 mins; Then ...take the treadmill to the highest incline possible and do one minute...then come down...rest one...then speed interval for one minute...as fast as you can....then do it all again beginning with the 30 second intervals.  Just try it...you'll like it! Oh and this can be done on any cardio machine...bike, elliptical or treadmill.

Here I am on top of the world.


My hiking partner Debbie from Chicago.  This is her second time here and she'll be back in May again.

This is "Van 3" Group.  Really great people.

 The scenery is so spectacular. The red sand and the rocks and hills. Amazing. Today was a tough hike....5 miles with lots of sand and steep inclines.



The Menu for the day....

I'm not much of a soup girl but omg this soup was awesome....so tasty.  I plan on making it when I get home.


Didn't like the salad so didn't eat it but the turkey pita was awesome. Put in a little mustard and voila!


Dinner....the brown rice and shrimp were very tasty and satisfying. The veggie skewar was ok.


These are the famous chocolate dipped strawberries....sounds pretty simple but let me tell you after working so hard all day it was the most scrumptous thing on earth. It was mouth watering and soooooooo good.

OMG!!! The trainers really push you and help you focus so that  you are doing all you can. It's really awesome!  I definately pushed myself today and now its time to ice my shins and knees...
Happy last day of November.  Thanks for all the support.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work. It's such an amazing journey. I can't wait to go back. I'll be back in May. When is your hiking buddy going to be there in May?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Onelife...I think she was able to change to March. Good luck in May. This place is amazing.

    ReplyDelete