Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Monday, November 29, 2010

First Day Down....

Phew....I can't believe this day! Holy moly what a work out.
The day began at 5:30 for a 6am yogalates class.  This was hard but the trainer was awesome.
Breakfast was a bagel served with egg and "bacon"...it was really tasty and filling.
Then we were all put on vans to go for an assessment hike. This was just so that we could all be in a suitable group. The hike was stunning! Amazing. Five miles over rocks and difficult terrain but very satisfying to complete. The hills were toughest going down....tough on the knees.
If you're  coming to the ranch I strongly suggest that you get out and start walking. Incorporate some hills and keep going. My roommate didn't do any type of walking or anything before coming (she says she came in green)...and has been suffering with her knees (swollen and having to ice every night) ever since.  Get moving.
Anyways, I really enjoyed the hike and was place into the Intermediate group. there are three levels of Intermediate...fast, med and fast...: the other groups are Hiking 101 (beginner...I like the name they give it tho) and then the intense advanced group. 
The morning I felt very scrambled and unorganized. The wind was howling like the dickens and the nearby mountains were full of fresh snow. I didn't bring a lot of really warm clothing and was a little paniced that I'd get out there and freeze my patooty off.  It ended up being ok becuz the hills sheltered us a bit and it wasn't too cold at all.
After the hike we ret'd to the Ranch to do Total H2O.  This was an awesome pool class.  The pool is heated to 85 and is actually very nice.  A quick dip in the hot tub afterwards and then run back to dry and change for lunch. 
Lunch was this AWESOME chili. OMG it was good. Gonna get the recipe and make it. Yummy.
After lunch there was a lecture on calories.
Then back in the pool...by this time the wind had kicked up again and wow it was cold. If you're coming to the ranch in the winter you may want to invest in a swim cap....that would at least protect you against the bone chilling cold on your head and ears.  This class had a different instructor and she was brutal.
I'm not a swimmer and most of the class was treading water in the deep end. Almost the whole class was spent like that. It was REALLY hard. 
Straight from the pool to the hot tub....awwwww. But only for a minute becuz had a class 15 mins later. The next class was Circuit.  That was my fave of the day. You do two minutes going hard on cardio machine (treadmill, bike, eliptical) and then switch to weight machines for two minutes...we must have done this at least 12 times. REally a great challenge and I thouroughly enjoyed it.
Next was core....with a ball and mat. Yikes...hard. And I know I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow.
That was the day.
We headed for supper and then there was a Nutiritionist lecture and then Amanda from the Biggest Loser spoke and told us all her story. 
I am totally exhausted. I'm a bit concerned about how I'm gonna feel tomorrow morning but plan on taking a couple of motrin and tucking in pretty quick.

So here are a few pix of the day....

This is the hike.  Started out as a group but spread out pretty quick.




 Overlooking St George Utah.



More of the front lobby.

This is the Ranch "store"....they run a tab for the residents.  Lots of stuff available.





The days menu and calories count.  I forgot to take my camera at Breakfast and Lunch. Will try and remember tomorrow.

What they want you do here is eat your meal provided to you and then if you're still hungry you can help yourself to the salad bar. Many people have this before their meal too. Here is Amanda getting some sald.
We also get two fruits. After the swim class and before the circuit I had a banana. Best tasting banana I've ever had.  I also got 10 almonds at breakfast which is 100 cal and an alternative snack for protien to help rebuild the muscles.  (choice is almonds or boiled egg)


The chicken is served on top of mashed sweet potato. I don't like sweet potatoe but omg they were good! Very tasty and filling.


Fresh pineapple for dessert. It was ok.
It is now 8pm and I'm ready for bed. Gotta get the muscle rub out and slather it on. Tomorrow begins at 5:30 again.  Oh I hope I can walk tomorrow.
See ya then.

No comments:

Post a Comment