Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

One should never ask a lady her weight....

Quick story...we finally boarded the plane for Vegas only to be told that they would be waiting for a connecting flight and thank you very much for your patience!
It's bad enough to be flying but even worse when the plane is sitting on the tar-mac...it gets so hot and stuffy very quickly!
So I have a window seat sitting uncomfortably close to a strapping, beefy, farm boy from the Praires...I plaster myself against the wall and read my book...praying to take off and then get me off this dang plane!
The announcement then comes--after 30 minutes of waiting--telling us that we can't wait anymore and away we go.  YAY...not only are we finally moving but right across the aisle are two empty seats. As soon as the seatbelt sign is turned off I move myself over!  Ahh....
After a bit the flight attendants come around with beverage service. They indicated that everyone's first drink was complimentary becuz of the delay. I turned to the young man sitting in my row and tell him that he's welcome to have mine if he likes....he likes!
So we start chatting and he asks why I'm alone and where I'm going. I end up telling him about the Ranch and my goals. He is really supportive and is really excited for me. 
We continue to chat about Vegas and travel.
All of a sudden he says: "what do you weigh?"
I looked at him and said that "one should never ask a lady her weight!"
He's a little bit confused and then started laughing....he said...."no, no....I was asking you what you PLAY!"
I guess I'm a bit preoccupied! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment