Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Safe at the Ranch....

Well after a rather bumpy (not to mention scary) ride via shuttle from Vegas, I'm here safe and sound. Phew...
It is substantially colder than I figured it would be but as a hardy Canuck I'm sure I'll be fine.
The first order of business upon our arrival was to get settled in our rooms. We were given a package of information regarding the workings of the Ranch and also a time to return to the front for your first weigh in, measurements and bmi analysis.
We were then introduced to the Life Coach Jennifer.  She is a bundle of energy. She was over 220 pounds at one time and is now just a bitty thing. She lost her weight here and then came to work here.  Very nice to have a person who actually has been there and lived the life of an obese person. There is a difference in understanding, I think, when someone has a first hand experience.
My room is adequate. Nothing fancy. Two queen bed, open closet, 20 inch old type tv, one desk and chair, two sinks and that's about it...oh theres a shared dresser too. My roommate is Sheila and she's been here for two weeks already and is a true wealth of information.  She has one more week and then is heading home to Ohio.
Dinner was at 5:30 in a communal dining room. The menu and pix are posted below. After a great dinner we were given an orientation of all the classes, hikes etc. My brain is literally spinning as I try and take all of this in. I'm tired from the travel and am actually looking forward to a long hike tomorrow and being pushed in the gym.
If you're coming to the Ranch....bring an extension cord if you have a laptop that you plan on using.  I'll go to Target on Wed nite and pick one up. The plug-ins are in short supply and are too far away from the bed....if you can type at a desk then you're ok but I like to have it on my lap in bed.


So here's my bed and closet....pretty boring. The rooms are cleaned daily and restocked with clean towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner. There is a hair dryer supplied.


Here is the menu that was on for today.  I only got dinner and dessert.


Here is my new water bottle and place setting.  Phew...tonite the veggie was brussel sprouts but as you can see...it's on my forbidden list! YAY!!

So here is the entree:  Chicken severed over spagetti squash with some sort of tomato sauce and in place of brussel sprouts I got steamed brocoli.  It was so much food I almost couldn't finish. Very tasty and filling.


Sorry this pic is over exposed!  I almost forgot to take one...I dug in too quickly!  This was the tiramasu.  OMG...it was sooooo good. It was served on some sort of granola base and apparently was made with tofu.



This is just a pic of the front lobby. This is part of what greets you as you enter the Ranch.  The decor around the Ranch is very tasteful and beautiful.  I'll do random shots and post them on a regular basis.


So tomorrow morning is going to come very fast. First class is at six am.  It is a yoga/pilates; then breakfast; then a hike, then pool, and more classes.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. you'll see that the calorie count is only 1000...this doesn't count in the fruit that is supplied. You're to take two peices of fruit in the morning and if you feel that you need an extra snack then you can get 10 almonds (100 cal) or a boiled egg....hope I got that right. Still so much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious....what can't you eat brussel sprouts or parsnips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda...I probably "can" eat brussel sprouts or parsnips...I just dont' like them. It's nice because there is choice.

    ReplyDelete