Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Monday, January 17, 2011

So...did the wheels fall off????

A simple answer is YES.
Dang. Being on vacation is difficult. It was my intention to work out everyday and eat "smart"...well...It definately has been a challenge and sometimes just a total disaster.
On this trip I figured out the trick to a perfect pina colada...add vanilla ice cream! OMG...then try and have just one. Not gonna happen.
You'll be glad to know tho that I did drink my rum and coke with diet coke and of course added a healthy dose of really super duper fresh lime (that counts as a fruit serving--doesn't it??)
And then today...for breakfast no less...I ate a whole bag of Doritos.
It's like a run away train!!
I have to laugh tho because I don't feel out of control at all. I feel very relaxed (and the pina coladas and rum and coke can't take all the credit!) and I also feel like in some cases I've totally let things go (as above), but in others I've made very good choices. Like the other day when we were driving to the South of the island, we stopped at a convenience store to use the restroom.  When I came out I grabbed a bottle of water and when I was waiting in line I saw a woman ahead of me sucking on a slurpee....oooohhhhh it looked so good. I almost put the water back and replaced it with a slurpee and then actually gave my head a shake and stuck with the water.  Later I sort of patted myself on the back for making that better choice.
You know, we have to live life and life is not lived in a gym or by totally denying thing/food in your life.
We are here in Hawaii for such a short time and I'm not the least bit worried about getting back on track when I get home.
 Routine is a wonderful thing for weight loss and I'll fall back into mine when I get home.
Just so you know....we've also kept fairly busy during this vacation.
Spending all day splashing in the waves with a boogie board is not only fun but also great exercise and then yesterday we went snorkling all day....awesome!  So while I may have strayed from my exercise and diet regime, it's all good and I'm sure that a day or two after getting home, I'll get rid of this full/bloated feeling and get back on track.
Aloha.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Vacations should be about relaxing and enjoying all that your surrounding have to offer. Food is a huge part of visiting a new place, and when I go on vacay in April... you can be darn sure I'll be eating all the local foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kari you are so right. I certainly indulged over the vacation and have no regrets. totally enjoyed it. Am up six pounds but will run them off this week. All good.

    ReplyDelete