Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back to Reality....

Well, I'm now home and back to the reality of laundry, school, work and whatever other responsibility that falls at my feet.
I had the best vacation and really relaxed and enjoyed myself.
It is interesting though because I find it very difficult to exercise while on vacation.
I took my shoes and work out clothes and had a wee chat with myself about working out....I even took my Polar and was set to monitor where I was calorie wise.
Well....I didn't do anything. Even when I had plenty of time and opporutnity I couldn't force myself to go. Tomorrow morning I as so looking forward to strapping on the shoes and hitting the pavement.
I guess my brain basically says that while on vacation it is total downtime...I would really like to change this though because it doesn't seem very healthy and I really don't want to have that "all or nothing" attitude that can be so destructive.
I gained six pounds over the last two weeks by sitting around (actually lazing around) and eating what ever the heck I felt like eating. I feel crappy...bloated and fat.
Why do I do that to myself.  I have no answers and can only chose to make better choices for tomorrow.
See...now that I'm home I won't have any trouble exercising or eating better...I really seem to get a sense of entitlement while on vacation and really binge for the whole time.
Not good.
Not Healthy.
I guess the one difference this time is that I did (once in a while) make some wiser choices and also just the fact that after the vacation I can actually acknowlege the behaviour.  Who is it that says..."you can't change what you don't acknowlege..."??  Cuz that is very, very true and I really do need to look at that and do my best to change it.
So tomorrow is another fresh day and one I'm looking forward to.
Gotta love home.

1 comment: