Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merlot and Brie....

I've now come down off the mountain and therefore back to reality.
It is amazing what this last month or two has brought.
From travel, tears and triumph; from highs and lows; to deepening friendships and to the nurturing of new acquaintances...
Its also brought a new self awareness and a deep seeded knowledge that I will continue to grow and learn as each day passes. 
And, of course...these last few days have also consisted of a lot of Merlot, Brie and Baldersons (an aged cheddar....) OMG can you say YUMMY!!!
Over the last couple of days I totally gave myself permission to relax, enjoy and indulge. I basically ate what I wanted...when I wanted....and even how much I wanted!  Oh, and of course that goes for drink too...I have a new found fondness for a good Merlot and let's not forget the hot chocolate and Bailey's Irish Cream (gotta have something to keep you warm when you're out walking in the night and temps are -20C!)
I thouroughly enjoyed the whole three days and the bringing in of the New Year.
While my friends and son skiied their days away I lazed about and just enjoyed solitude and the environment of a snow laden ski village...beautiful!


This is me and my nine year old son.  I am so proud of him as he learned to ski this year!  He took to the hill so quickly and totally loved it!

Here he is just before they all took off down the hill. He now wants to teach me how to ski...hmmm...maybe next year!
Life is funny in how it gives us what we need, when we need it, if we're open to receiving. 
This morning I went for a 5 km walk and felt strong for doing so.  It would have been very easy to just lounge on the couch and let the weekend slip by but by going for a long walk I not only felt better physically but my resolve to continue on my journey to wellness was reinforced!  There were no excuses or even the thought of "starting on Monday"...
It was just a part of my day that makes it better for me and I refuse to slip back into bad habits and broken china (you'll have to read the blog posts to understand the china thing...) For me it will no longer be an all or nothing thing but a conscience choice to live life to the fullest and sometimes that means Merlot and Brie are on the menu!!
Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment