Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Voices from Fitness Ridge ....

We are in Maui right now and I'm not sure there is any more beautiful place on earth.  The stunning ocean vistas against the vibrant colours of the foliage is just breathtaking.
We are so blessed to be able to call this place "home" for the next couple of weeks.
We are in Kaanapali, staying in a condo with a loft. We didn't get in until about 1 am after a very long day of travellng.  Our condo is perfect as it has an upstairs loft with bed/tv/bathroom and our son claimed that and then claimed this whole place to be Paradise on Earth! Boy is he happy.

We knew that we were going to arrive in the middle of the night and that food and such would be an issue for the first morning.  Coffee is supplied but pretty much every thing else is the guest's responsibility. So right by the airport we were able to stop and get some milk and that was pretty much about it.

First thing this morning we went to a local restaurant for breakfast.
Oh...the eggs Benny looked soooooo tempting and so did the cheese omelette but what I ended up choosing was two pouched eggs and toast. This was a  very good choice for me as it was filling and not too high in the calorie count.
It is very easy to let those sauces and condiments add to your day.
We spoke about what our plan was for eating and my hubby initially wanted to do breakfast out every morning but I've convinced him otherwise. 
I like a good solid breakfast but the choices in restaurants can be so tempting.
We all went to the local Safeway and the voices from Fitness Ridge followed me throughout the whole shopping experience....
I would stop and ask myself if I really....like REALLY....needed that. Most times the answer was no or I'll come back tomorrow if I decide that I can't live without it.
I'm very proud to say that we stocked up on eggs, english muffins, hummus, fruit and veggies. We did good.
I'm not saying that I'm a perfect little prima donna here....there was also chips/munchie and wine in the cart too but it's not like the old days where I'd hit the bakery and snack aisle and that would be it.
I bought a huge bag of sunflower seeds which take forever to eat but for me satisfies the hand to mouth munchies when I'm just sitting and reading or something like that.
Sometimes it's just those little steps that can help me maintain my confidence and keep me Going In the Right Direction.
Have a fabulous Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment