Welcome to my Blog....

It is my wish and dream that this blog provide inspiration to people of all ages and abilities. All are welcome!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Time Flies....

Wow...I've been home a week already.
According to my scale I am down 17 pounds since my first weigh-in for Fitness Ridge.  That is amazing.
Coming home and readjusting to a normal schedule is not easy and even harder, I think, when it's around the time of the Holidays.
The funny thing for me though is that I am not finding myself tempted by sweet treats or fattening things....it's like the detox from sugar and processed goods has cured me of those cravings.
Where I'm really having trouble is in the exercise department.
Yikes...I can't seem to get myself moving!  I just have this desire to nest and take it easy. 
We've recently had snow which of course makes walking outside near impossible....but I do have a treadmill.
**heavy sigh** ...just don't want to!
I thought for me it would be the other way around.  I love to walk and exercise but can't get my butt moving.
At this stage of the game I'm not going to beat myself up but will continue to monitor my weight and calories.
I reset my polar watch to reflect the weight loss...this will give me a better picture of what calories I'm burning.
I went to shapeup.org. rmr calculator and my rmr is 1527; so anything over that amount is bonus and goes towards the 3500 it takes to burn a pound!
So...I'm gonna snuggle in with a good book and just enjoy the holiday season. We have such busy lives normally so with school out for the holidays and things a little quieter...I'm gonna kick back and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Faye - I find it interesting when you mentioned that you couldn't get moving after getting home. I work out 5-6 days a week and experienced the same thing when I came home from FR. I had absolutely NO desire to exercise and thought something was wrong with me. I blamed it on being burnt out. Would be curious to know if others experienced the same feeling. Took about a week and I was back to my old self. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lismaries.
    Yeah...coming home was a definate adjustment. I'm moving now and have found my stamina and lung capacity sooooo much better. I can go faster and longer than before. Good luck in all you do.

    ReplyDelete